Skip to main content

Blue Team project

Following on from last weeks blog post, my team and I have finally made contact and decided to create a group chat on Facebook as its easier for everyone to communicate on that social media platform. We introduced ourselves and got to know one another. I learned that two of the girls were currently studying Interior Design in 3rd year and Katie was in 1st year of Creative and Cultural Industries. We roughly discussed the brief together and highlighted anything we weren't sure on.

I have included a little brief about the team project below.

"Consider how you might address the problems facing society while earning a living and living your lives. Do you accept the premise of the World Scientists? Can you see ways in which it is possible to work for a more sustainable engagement with our planet?"

In our groups we have been asked to present our findings in a engaging, fun and knowledgeable way in any format we wish as long as it can be saved and viewed in the future.

I chose to think of ideas myself that I could present to my team and gather their thoughts on some of the topics I came up with. I wrote my findings on Google Drive an online platform that allows you to create lists and invite others to add to or edit that list. I will invite them to this Drive once I've completed my research. Individual work can be beneficial to the team as long as one member is not doing all the work. Coming together as a team to discuss individual work are all apart of working together as a team as you can have input or resolve issues that may have arisen. I think it is important for my team to follow a plan to stay up to date to ensure our group prepares our research/ findings in preparation for the next class/ group project. I contributed to my group by creating a Google Drive list of rough work that may be useful the next time we collaborate.

My team and I have yet to discuss when suits everyone to meet up at a specific time as were all busy with other college work and deadlines.

I look forward to piecing together all our findings and settling on a topic we want to discuss for the group project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Team Progression Take Three

For our final project meeting we communicated through Facebook messenger and used Google Drive to share our final slideshows with each other. Each team member had put in equal amounts of effort and it was evident we had put in the hard work. I spent a few hours trying to create my slideshow that my laptop supported and I saw this as a challenge for me personally as my laptop wasn't cooperating with me. I over came this challenge after a few hours and had practiced my piece that I had written on Microsoft Word beforehand. I created a slideshow using various images to help aid what I talked about in my piece for the group. I found my pictures on various newspaper articles online and decided to put them into the presentation as visuals can aid the information given during presentations - a tip I learnt from the last presentation. After gathering my images for the slideshow I edited and took out any pieces of irrelevant information in my word document regarding sustainable fashion...

Team Progression

This week my team and I have made a lot more progress since our last meeting! We have discussed topics that we could research further. Such topics surrounding how millennial's improve the world we live in today include thrifting, carpooling, climate change and house sharing. Each group member decided to take a topic from each ideology to talk about in further detail. I decided to talk about fast fashion and sustainable fashion. After reading several articles online relating to my topic I felt confident enough to write out what I would be talking about on Microsoft Word for the presentation. Making small changes to your shopping can really have a positive effect on the environment and help to reduce waste water pollution as the percentage is currently the second highest contributor to waste water pollution due to fast fashion brands releasing toxins, harmful dyes and synthetics into water supplies. Lead and pesticides are also released into the air which are harmful to humans. ...

Walking away from Omelas?

Image 1: "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas" book cover. This week, my class and I read Ursula Le Guin’s short sci-fi story called “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”. The story features a breath-taking seaside city of Omelas, the city is celebrating a summer festival; everywhere there is happiness. “Omelas sounds in my words like a city in a fairy tale, long ago and far away, once upon a time,” Le Guin writes. Sadly, there is one catch; Omelas happiness depends on one child’s, suffering. He/she is locked away in a basement room, it is not loved and barely fed. Surprisingly the happy people of Omelas are aware of the torment of the child, the people of Omelas are selfish in the sense that they are willing to sacrifice this child’s life in order for their own happiness. Some people however decide to leave Omelas after witnessing the horrors of the child. My online avatar mirrors my RL self. I wouldn’t consider myself to be any different online to how I am...