Skip to main content

Team Spirit

Class three was all about discussing team work and collaboration as we have a team project coming up and its important everyone on the team works together and faces challenges as a team.

I was assigned to the 'Blue Team' along with Lllh2, Amelia and katiedoyle. Although my team haven't met up yet to discuss rough work for the team project I have reached out to them via email. In my opinion the reason I think my team haven't collaborated together yet is because of the lack of known identities. We are students in the same university but we are all studying in different courses using usernames and not our real names to participate in Virtual Environments. I am excited to start working on the group project with other team members to listen to their input on the topic given. Although communication is not impossible my team have yet to meet up but hopefully next week we can introduce ourselves and start working together as a team!

Using online tools/platforms to communicate with others is an easy and effective way in our 21st century. People constantly refresh their timelines or engage in conversation with others via social media. The internet is becoming grossly populated and people now have access to many tools and platforms that aid research and education nowadays. I recently watched a TED talk called "How social media can make history" a talk delivered by Clay Shirley. He explains how social platforms like Facebook or Twitter can deliver information or real news to citizens quickly. Reaching out to people globally is just a click of a button away.

Fig 1: Group teams.

An effective team member must understand the individual roles that are required in order for a team to function. I am also aware a team who work well together can produce good content whereas a team who doesn't diverge and converge will struggle to understand the dynamics of good teamwork.

Bibliography: 
2019. Image. Clay Shirley, TED talk "How social media can make history".
  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Team Progression

This week my team and I have made a lot more progress since our last meeting! We have discussed topics that we could research further. Such topics surrounding how millennial's improve the world we live in today include thrifting, carpooling, climate change and house sharing. Each group member decided to take a topic from each ideology to talk about in further detail. I decided to talk about fast fashion and sustainable fashion. After reading several articles online relating to my topic I felt confident enough to write out what I would be talking about on Microsoft Word for the presentation. Making small changes to your shopping can really have a positive effect on the environment and help to reduce waste water pollution as the percentage is currently the second highest contributor to waste water pollution due to fast fashion brands releasing toxins, harmful dyes and synthetics into water supplies. Lead and pesticides are also released into the air which are harmful to humans. ...

Team Progression Take Three

For our final project meeting we communicated through Facebook messenger and used Google Drive to share our final slideshows with each other. Each team member had put in equal amounts of effort and it was evident we had put in the hard work. I spent a few hours trying to create my slideshow that my laptop supported and I saw this as a challenge for me personally as my laptop wasn't cooperating with me. I over came this challenge after a few hours and had practiced my piece that I had written on Microsoft Word beforehand. I created a slideshow using various images to help aid what I talked about in my piece for the group. I found my pictures on various newspaper articles online and decided to put them into the presentation as visuals can aid the information given during presentations - a tip I learnt from the last presentation. After gathering my images for the slideshow I edited and took out any pieces of irrelevant information in my word document regarding sustainable fashion...

I'm a content produser?

Fig 1: Produsage.  After reading this weeks readings I learnt that I am a content produser and in fact everyone is a content produser in some way. I learnt that anything we choose to interact with and decide to change existing content online makes us content produsers. Such things may include blog posts, Memes, fan fiction or art. Not that hard to understand right? That leads me to think what was my role as a content produser in the context of the major project for this module? I think my role as a content produser was thinking of a particular topic that I was interested in as my contribution to the project. I chose to research fast fashion and sustainable fashion and conversed with my group and everyone was happy with my choice. We discussed multiple topics beforehand but decided we were happy with the topics we chose and helped each other elaborate on key points we were coming up with. I read the projects brief again and thought to myself 'How can millennial's ...