Skip to main content

I'm a content produser?

Fig 1: Produsage. 



After reading this weeks readings I learnt that I am a content produser and in fact everyone is a
content produser in some way.

I learnt that anything we choose to interact with and decide to change existing content online makes us content produsers. Such things may include blog posts, Memes, fan fiction or art. Not that hard to understand right? That leads me to think what was my role as a content produser in the context of the major project for this module?

I think my role as a content produser was thinking of a particular topic that I was interested in as my contribution to the project. I chose to research fast fashion and sustainable fashion and conversed with my group and everyone was happy with my choice. We discussed multiple topics beforehand but decided we were happy with the topics we chose and helped each other elaborate on key points we were coming up with. I read the projects brief again and thought to myself 'How can millennial's influence our planet to be more sustainable?'. Although there are a number of ways to be more sustainable in order to benefit the world I chose sustainable clothing as I feel I can resonate with this topic myself. In recent months I have tried my best to stop online shopping and to turn to charity shops and make regular use out of the online marketplaces such as Depop. I took pieces from news articles and interviews on the topic I chose and condensed them into my own words on Microsoft Word.

Overall I am happy with the topic I decided to produce as there was a lot of information to back up my own thoughts and ideas which made producing content easier for me. When I am producing content I am sharing it with an audience especially with the power of social media nowadays, people may also produce my content and it becomes a cycle known as produsage.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking away from Omelas?

Image 1: "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas" book cover. This week, my class and I read Ursula Le Guin’s short sci-fi story called “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”. The story features a breath-taking seaside city of Omelas, the city is celebrating a summer festival; everywhere there is happiness. “Omelas sounds in my words like a city in a fairy tale, long ago and far away, once upon a time,” Le Guin writes. Sadly, there is one catch; Omelas happiness depends on one child’s, suffering. He/she is locked away in a basement room, it is not loved and barely fed. Surprisingly the happy people of Omelas are aware of the torment of the child, the people of Omelas are selfish in the sense that they are willing to sacrifice this child’s life in order for their own happiness. Some people however decide to leave Omelas after witnessing the horrors of the child. My online avatar mirrors my RL self. I wouldn’t consider myself to be any different online to how I am

Alik98 Conquers SecondLife

Hello readers, I created this blog to document my experiences using SecondLife and to share my thoughts and ideas on topics given in class. Before our first Virtual Environments class I decided to explore SecondLife myself to understand the controls and create my avatar as I wanted to be prepared for my first class. First class completed! The task at hand was to discover a total of three places of our choice to be more familiar with SecondLife. Exploring different destinations and meeting new faces adds to the experience of this virtual reality. Flamingo Bay, Stella: Irish weather can be quite miserable and damp sometimes so today I chose to visit a sunny destination for a change. From green palm trees to an array of colorful beach houses this place seemed like a dream! I went inside the flamingo diner and had a snoop around, sadly the destination was deserted but I quite enjoyed exploring Flamingo Bay on my own. Figure 1: Alik98 outside Flamingo Diner.  Figure 2: Flami

Blue Team project

Following on from last weeks blog post, my team and I have finally made contact and decided to create a group chat on Facebook as its easier for everyone to communicate on that social media platform. We introduced ourselves and got to know one another. I learned that two of the girls were currently studying Interior Design in 3rd year and Katie was in 1st year of Creative and Cultural Industries. We roughly discussed the brief together and highlighted anything we weren't sure on. I have included a little brief about the team project below. "Consider how you might address the problems facing society while earning a living and living your lives. Do you accept the premise of the World Scientists? Can you see ways in which it is possible to work for a more sustainable engagement with our planet?" In our groups we have been asked to present our findings in a engaging, fun and knowledgeable way in any format we wish as long as it can be saved and viewed in the future. I